- and people wonder why I refute alt.net. it has merely become the new fundamentalism that was predicted two years ago at Austin altnetconf.
- alt.net's sole struggle appears to be to replace the current problematic status quo and replace it with itself
- alt.net has become the problem that it had sought to address. it is the next gen problem that will hopefully inspire much deeper movement.
- i am likely the only person who has sat and wept at the loss of potential that is what has become of alt.net. so much work. so much lost.
- alt.net is increasingly an avenue to increased microsoft payola for former progressive community voices
Mike and Scott cover the following:
- Crossing the Chasm
- Teaching, Symbology, and Intellectual Materialism – The Chasm is a Vacuum
- "Lonely people commiserating together."
- Technology evangelism
- Progressive software development
- Software craftsmanship
- SOLID principles
- Chad Meyers Posts
- "Every tool is a weapon - if you hold it right." - Ani DiFranco
- Orthodoxy & dogma
-James and Mike
- 18: Talking with Jeremy Miller about Alt.Net
- 17: The State of Alt.Net
- 16: State of IronRuby 2009
- 15: Domain Driven Design
- 14: Object Databases
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Let us know through our mailing list.
The Alt.NET Podcast is brought to you by Infozerk.
Please support the Alt.NET Podcast by supporting our sponsors.